On the 25th May 2018, new legislation from the European Union has meant that SDSO members now have more control over how their data is handled. The key points of this new legislation are:
- The SDSO will not pass members’ details onto a third party without consent
- Individuals can ask to have their contact details removed from further communication. Please note that it you chose this option you will no longer receive emails, updates etc from the SDSO.
The following privacy notice describes how the SDSO committee will ensure it complies with the law. If you need further information, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on the contact details shown below.
Stirling and District Society of Organists (SDSO) (affiliated to the Incorporated Association of Organists (IAO)
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. From May 2018, the processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Who are we?
The Stirling and District Society of Organists (hereafter “the SDSO”) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
The SDSO complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The SDSO and the IAO use personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer membership records;
- to promote the interests of the association;
- to maintain its own accounts and records;
- to inform members of news, events and activities of the SDSO and the IAO to which it is affiliated.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The GDPR states that explicit consent of the data subject is required so that the SDSO can keep its members informed of news, events, and activities of the SDSO and the IAO.
- Sharing your personal data
Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. The SDSO and IAO will never share personal data with third parties without your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
The SDSO and the IAO keeps personal data for as long as you remain in the membership of the SDSO.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- the right to request a copy of your personal data which the SDSO holds about you;
- the right to request that the SDSO corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the SDSO to retain such data;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Further processing
If the SDSO wishes to use members’ personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then the SDSO will provide members with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance please contact the SDSO Secretary.
Members can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.